Boontje Advocaten applies the Labour Law Plus Formula. Besides having a general knowledge of labour law, each lawyer focuses on one or more particular related areas of expertise. Thanks to this specialisation, our lawyers can offer clients a broad range of services. Moreover, they also contribute to the public debate, for example by publishing articles and participating in working groups that advise the government on legislative bills.
As part of the Labour Law Plus Formula, all lawyers follow postdoctoral education in labour law and regularly publish and teach within their particular areas of specialisation. Further development of knowledge and quality is ensured by peer consultations and internal training, backed by Cees Loonstra, professor of labour law, who is attached exclusively to our firm. Cees Loonstra is also actively involved in the legal practice and advising clients of Boontje Advocaten.
All the lawyers of Boontje Advocaten are members of one or more specialist organisations:
- de Vereniging Arbeidsrecht Advocaten Amsterdam (VAAA)
- de Vereniging voor Arbeidsrecht Advocaten Nederland (VAAN)
- de Vereniging voor Arbeidsrecht (VvA)
- de Vereniging voor Corporate Litigation (VCL)
- de Vereniging voor Jonge Arbeidsrecht Advocaten (VJAA)
- de European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA).
A number of lawyers also serve as mediator and are registered in the MfN Register of Mediators (formerly the NMI).
Our lawyers comply with the permanent education requirements prescribed by the Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten (Dutch Bar Association) and the VAAN.
Areas of attention:
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Collective labour law
- Education law
- Employer liability
- Employment terms and conditions
- Equal treatment
- Flexible employment relationships
- Fraud, corruption and integrity
- Incapacity for work
- International labour law
- Managing director
- Non-competition clauses
- Procedural law
- Public servant law
- Severance pay (including Senior Executives in the Public and Semi-Public Sector (Standards for Remuneration) Act (Wnt)
- Social security law
- Temporary employment contracts & payrolling