Suzan van der Meer has been in employment law since 2008. She started her career as a lawyer at Kennedy Van der Laan, followed by Rutgers & Posch. Since April 2018 she has joined Boontje Advocaten.
Suzan advises and litigates on (collective) dismissals, employment disputes, service agreements, employment conditions and reorganizations. Besides that, she is involved in civil servants law. Her clients are both (international) employers and employees. Suzan has a special interest in the non-profit industry. She has attended the post graduate training for ‘Governing Philanthropic Funds’ at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. She holds a board position at the Foundation ‘Stichting Vrienden van Sint Joannes de Deo’, a foundation that is dedicated to the well-being of elderly in Amsterdam and surroundings.
- advised and litigated about (pseudo) self-employment and service agreements;
- advised and acted on behalf of various non-profit organizations;
- advised en litigated about entering into, changing and terminating employment relationships, whether or not in an international context;
- advised and acted on behalf of a government organization in the aviation industry.
- has been seconded as an in house employment counsel at a large listed multinational;
- has been seconded as an in house employment counsel at a government organization in the aviation industry;
- regularly publishes in the u00b4Tijdschrift voor de Procespraktijk';
- board member of the Foundation u00b4Stichting Vrienden van Sint Joannes de Deou00b4.